Huchuy Qosqo Trek 3 days 2 night
Huchuy Qosqo Trek OVERVIEW
Huchuy Qosqo Trek
- Day 1: Cusco – Tambomachay Valley
- Day 2: Tambomachay Valley – Huchuy Qosqo – Aguas Calientes
- Day 3: Machupicchu – Cusco
Day 1: From Cusco to Tambomachay Valley – Huchuy Qosqo
First of all we will pick you up from your hotel at around 6:30 am. This trip combines the stunning, peaceful landscapes and Inca archeology that is evident from the start.
First we are going to go into the Sacred Valley, passing very traditional villages and meeting local people. You will begin to understand why it was the ‘sacred’ valley for the Incas.
After Lunch we continue to visit the little-visited Inca site of Huchuy Q’osco trek. The site is spectacular not only for its Inca architecture but also for its position, overlooking the beautiful valley.
You will have plenty of time to enjoy the peacefulness of the location because we will have our camp here.
Day 2: Huchuy Qosqo Trek– Aguas Calientes
After breakfast, we can continue with our trek further into the Sacred Valley, taking in the majestic landscapes, calm atmosphere and authentic villages.
Probably you can have the opportunity to see weavers at work and take a visit to a local pub (chicheria), where Chicha, made of fermented corn, is the traditional drink. We will also see how the locals raise their guinea pigs.
In the late afternoon, we are going to take the train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and rest at the hotel.
Day 3: Machupicchu Tour and back to Cusco.
After your breakfast in your hotel you and the tour guide will catch the first bus to Machu Picchu, in order to appreciate the magnificent sunrise over the city.
There you will take a 2 hour walking tour, given by your guide, and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourself. Afterwards, you will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes for lunch and to receive your train tickets back to Cusco.
- Professional, bilingual tour guide.
- Pick up from hotel.
- Round trip transportation (bus to start of trek and tourist train back to Cusco).
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- 4-people tents (for 2 people only).
- Sleeping mattresses.
- Horseman and mules (they carry cooking and camping equipment)
- 1 night’s accommodations in Aguas Calientes.
- Extra oxygen.
- First-Aid kit.
- Previously boiled water every day.
- Toilet tent
- Hot portable shower
Does not Include
NOT INCLUDED BUT YOU CAN GET FROM US
- Entrances to Huayna Picchu Mountain (need to book in advance)
- Entrances to Machu Picchu Mountain (need to book in advance)
- Sleeping Bag
- Walking sticks
Huchuy Qosqo Trek NOT INCLUDED
- Lunch and dinner on Day 3
- Water, (during the first 4 hours, after that, our team will provided you)
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
What to Pack?
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE to Huchuy Qosqo Trek?
- Original passport (and **International Student Identity Card (ISIC) if applicable).
- Travel Insurance is essential.
- Sleeping bag (not included but can be rented from us).
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Comfortable pants.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Sun hat.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container (Nalgene) or camel bags.
- Sun block (SPF 35 recommended).
- Insect repellent.
- Personal medication.
- Camera with extra batteries.
- Flashlight with extra batteries.