Inca Trail Clasic Trek to Machu Picchu 4 days
Inca Trail Clasic Trek OVERVIEW
- Day 1: Bus from Cusco to Km 82, Ayapata campsite
- Day 2: Ayapata – Dead woman Pass – Chaquilcocha campsite
- Day 3: Chaquilcocha – Wiñay Wayna campsite
- Day 4: Wiñay Wayna – Sun Gate – Machupicchu and train back to Cusco
Day 1: The Inca Trail adventure begins – “almost flat”!
We will pick you up from the Hotel around 4:30 and travel by bus to Piscacucho known as km 82 where the trail begins, but first we will stop in Ollantaytambo, to have our breakfast (breakfast – not included).
The first day is relatively easy and we will have great views of the vast and incredible Inca site of Patallacta, the Urubamba mountain range that divides the jungle and the Andes and the beautiful snow-capped peak of ‘W’akay Willca’ (5860m/19225ft)
- Campsite: Ayapata 3300 m/ 10829 ft.
- Distance: 14 km / 8.68 miles
- Highest point: Ayapata campsite 3300 m/ 10829 ft.
Day 2 – The real Inca Trail Clasic Trek! We feel the adventure..!!
After waking up at 5:30am (maybe at 05:00-depending on your Guide) and having breakfast, we will start a steep ascent towards the highest pass The Dead Woman’s Pass’ – 4200m/13779ft. On this day a real sense of achievement is felt on reaching the top! After a rest here, we begin the descent to the lunch stop which is located at Pacaymayu (3550m/11646ft).
On the way up to the pass we will be able to see lots of hummingbirds and other birds. Also we will have the time to appreciate an incredible variety of native plants and trees such as the ´Polylepis´ or Q’ueuña trees which grow in the astonishing cloud forest located at 3650/11972m!!
- Campsite: Chaquilcocha 3600 m / 11800 ft.
- Distance: 16 km / 9.92 miles
- Highest point: Dead woman pass 4200 m / 13779 ft.
Day 3 – Short walk to the camp!! Beautiful landscapes along the way!!
This is the most impressive and wonderful day (in our opinion!!!). We wake up for breakfast at 6am, and start the day with a climb to visit the archaeological site of Phuyupatamarca, the views from here of the mountains, canyons and surrounding areas are spectacular.
After the Inca site we continue walking down (3000 steps!) through the cloud forest and the impressive agricultural Inca site of ‘Intipata’ until we arrive at our third campsite Wiñay Wayna. Today we have only walked about 4 to 5 hours and have arrived to camp by lunch time!
A short distance from this campsite is located the Inca site of the same name ‘Wiñay Wayna’ (‘Forever Young’). Even if you are tired after your day’s trek, don’t miss out on visiting the most impressive site on the trail.
- Campsite: Wiñay Wayna 2680 m / 8792 ft.
- Distance: 10 km / 6.2 miles
- Highest point: Phuyupatamarca pass 3680 m / 12073 ft.
Day 4 – Machu Picchu! You got it!!!
We leave the last campsite at about 5:30am on the final day (breakfast 3.30-4:00am). It is an early start in order to get to ‘Inti Punku’ (‘Sun gate’) (2730m/8792ft) before sunrise.
This is the place from where you will have your first dramatic view of Machu Picchu (2400m/7873ft) with the sun rising over it! After some time there, we will walk down the last part of the Inca Trail Clasic Trek to the spot where you can take the classic photo (picture postcard shot) of this ancient city. Finally we visit Machu Picchu itself!
A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves.
You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes after a 25 minutes bus ride for lunch and to be given your train tickets back to Cusco. Train included in all tours is until Ollantaytambo and then bus to Cusco
- Distance: 5 km / 3.1 miles
- Highest point: Sun Gate 2730 m / 8956 ft.
end the Inca Trail Clasic Trek to Machu picchu
Inca Trail Clasic Trek To Machupicchu INCLUDED
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Porters to carry cooking and camping equipment
- Pick-up from the hotel
- Transportation by bus to Km82
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks and 3 Dinners, hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn). If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- 4 man tent for every 2 trekkers
- Sleeping mattress (you need to carry this unless you hire a personal porter)
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Toilet tent
- Hot portable shower
- Spare blanket (on the bus from Cusco to the starting point)
Does not Include
NOT INCLUDED BUT YOU CAN GET FROM US
- Entrances to Huayna Picchu Mountain (need to book in advance)
- Entrances to Machu Picchu Mountain (need to book in advance)
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us)
- Personal porter up to 7 kgs or 14 kgs
- Walking sticks (can be rented from us)
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 4
- Water, (during the first 4 hours, after that, our team will provided you)
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
What to Pack?
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE to Inca Trail Clasic Trek
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (SPF 35 recommended)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container (Nalgene) or camel bags.