Lares Trek Valley To Machupicchu 4 days 3 nights
Lares Trek to Machupicchu OVERVIEW
- Day 1: Cusco – Urubamba – Pumahuanca – Puyoc.
- Day 2: Puyoc – Yanacocha – Cuncani.
- Day 3: Cuncani – Lares – Aguas Calientes.
- Day 4: Machupicchu – Cusco.
Day 1: Cusco – Urubamba – Pumahuanca – Puyoc.
Today we pick you up at 5:00 am to start lares trek to Machupicchu and travel an hour and a half by bus to the village of Pumahuanca (2840m)/(9317ft), located in the Sacred Valley. Here we will meet up with our horseman. Leaving the Sacred Valley behind us, we head north following a gently climbing trail that runs parallel to the small Cancha Cancha River and also a small town with the same name, after our lunch we will climb up until get our camp site Puyoc.
- Campsite: Puyoc 4100 m / 13451 ft.
- Distance: 14 km / 8.6 miles
- Highest point: Puyoc 4100 m / 13451 ft.
Day 2: Puyoc – Yanacocha – Cuncani.
Leaving Puyoc, we continue up the valley and after a half an hour the path flattens out before a steep 2 hour climb the Pachacutec Pass, our highest pass on this trek. From the pass you’ll be rewarded with incredible views of Yanacocha Lake and the snow capped mountains of the sacred valley. After our lunch we will continue with our walk down until our campsite Cuncani.
- Campsite: Cuncani 3700 m / 12139 ft.
- Distance: 13 km / 8.06 miles
- Highest point: Pachacuteq Pass 4758 m / 15610 ft.
Day 3: Cuncani – Lares – Aguas Calientes.
Today we will have our breakfast around 5:45 and then we will star our Lares Trek hot springs where we will have our lunch and time to enjoy the hot spring.
After having a great time relaxing our bodies we will continue by bus Ollantaytambo to catch our train to Aguas Calientes.
After 1 hour and 45 minutes by train we will arrive into the town and we will go to the hotel to check in and enjoy the rest of the day.
We will spend the night in a 3 stars hotel.
Day 4: Machupicchu – Cusco.
We will have breakfast at 5:45 am and then catch the first bus to Machu Picchu, it takes about 25 minutes, and we will get there early in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour, approximately 2 hours, is given by your guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourself.
You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes for lunch and to receive your train tickets back to Cusco, once at the train station our transportation will take to your hotel.
Lares Trek INCLUDED
- Professional, bilingual tour guide.
- Pick up from hotel.
- Return transportation by bus and train.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- 2 bus ticket to/from Machu Picchu.
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks, 3 dinners hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn). If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Dining tent with table and chairs.
- Horseman and mules (they carry cooking and camping equipment).
- 4 man tent is provided for 2 people only.
- Sleeping mattresses.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First Aid kit.
- Toilet tent
- Hot portable shower
- Spare blanket (on the bus from Cusco to the starting point)
Does not Include
NOT INCLUDED BUT YOU CAN GET FROM US
- Entrances to Huayna Picchu Mountain (need to book in advance)
- Entrances to Machu Picchu Mountain (need to book in advance)
- Sleeping Bag
- Walking sticks
- Lunch and dinner on Day 4
- Water, (during the first 4 hours, after that, our team will provided you)
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
What to Pack?
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE
- Original passport (and **International Student Identity Card (ISIC) if applicable).
- Travel Insurance is essential.
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Comfortable pants.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Sun hat.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container (Nalgene) or camel bags.
- Sun block (SPF 35 recommended).
- Insect repellent.
- Personal medication.
- Camera with extra batteries.
- Flashlight with extra batteries.