PERU HIGH ANDES 10D/9N
PERU HIGH ANDES TOUR OVERVIEW
Peru High Andes Steps:
- Day 1: Flight from USA to Lima – Peru.
- Day 2: City tour in Lima and hotel night in this city.
- Day 3: Flight to Puno and hotel night in this city.
- Day 4: Boat to Uros floating islands and Amantani Island, night in a local house.
- Day 5: Boat to Taquile Island and back to Puno, hotel night in this city.
- Day 6: Touristic Bus to Cusco City, hotel night in this city.
- Day 7: Free Day in Cusco City, hotel night in this city.
- Day 8: Train to Machupicchu town and hotel night in this town.
- Day 9: Tour in Machupicchu, and train back to Cusco, hotel night in this city
- Day 10: Transfer to the airport and flight to Lima and flight to USA
Day 1: Welcome to Peru!
Peru High Andes tour start with your flight from your country and your arrival to Peru, after your arrival a representative of Kaypi Peru Tours will pick you up from the airport to begin the Peru High Andes tour and take you to the hotel in Lima. According to your landing time, you will be able to explore and enjoy the capital of Peru and gastronomical capital of South America.
Day 2: Discover Lima, the Capital of Peru!
First of all, you will have a breakfast in the hotel because Peru High Andes Tour has all breakfast included in hotels, after your breakfast you will embark in our private transportation on your city tour in Lima and visit the following places:
- The historic center of Lima (Main plaza, Government Palace, Archbishop’s Palace,Cathedral of Lima)
- City Hall,
- Monastery of San Francisco
- Modern Lima (Miraflores and The park of Lovers).
At the end of the tour, you’ll have the afternoon at leisure, to enjoy more of the city or just to relax, remember Lima is considered the gastronomic capital of South America.
Day 3: High andes – Puno!
Peru High Andes Tour on day 3 will start with your pick up from your hotel because you need to catch your flight to Juliaca, probably will be very early to have breakfast in the hotel but no worries because at the airport you will have restaurants, once get Juliaca our representative will pick you up and take you to Puno where is located your hotel furthermore will try to show you the most importnat places in the city.. The rest of the day is yours to spend as you please.
Take a note that you will able to confirm your pick up time from your hotel in Lima at the reception of the hotel and also your tour guide will give you the instructions during the tour in Lima.
Day 4: The floating Islands.
Peru High Andes Tour will start between 7.00am and 7.30am when you will have your transfer from the hotel to the port and by motor boat, we are going to take you to one of the legendary Uros Islands, where you can see the lives of the Uros people who live on those floating reed islands, some only 20 meters in length.
As a result of 3hr boat ride, we finally reach Amantani island where we will spend the night, we will break our big group in smaller groups to stay with diferent families because all of them are working with tourist, you will have your tour guide close of yur house to be your translator You have the opportunity to trek to the top of the mountain (4150 m.a.s.l) to see the Temples of Pachamama and Pachatata and enjoy the traditional customs of the island people. Food and authentic music prepared and performed by your designated family.
Day 5: Taquile Island and boat back to Puno.
Peru High Andes Tour will begin after our breakfast, when we will take a short boat ride to the neighboring Taquile Island, where we will tour around the town, plaza and visit these beautiful people, world famous for their intricate and fascinating weavings, they were name as Inmaterial heritage of the world by UNESCO, you have the oportunity to visit their market, after our lunch we take the return trip to Puno where we will spend the night in the same hotel.
Day 6: On the way to Cusco.
We will pick you up at 6:30am and take you to the bus station to take your bus to Cusco. This is the most noteworthy bus trip in the south of Peru, that probably is more like a tour – it stops at four interesting sites along the way where you have guided tours:
- Pukara: This is the most important and oldest ceremonial center of the altiplano. also the trip includes a really nice buffet lunch in Sicuani.
- La Raya: This is the half-way point between Cusco and Puno (4335 meters above sea level), in conclusion the highest point of your tour.
- Raqchi (Wiracocha God Temple): This was an Inca temple of monumental dimensions.
- Andahuyalillas: Sistine chapel of South America:
After your arrival (17:00 pm) a representative of Kaypi Peru tours will pick you up and take you to your hotel in Cusco
Day 7: Relax and walk in Cusco.
Today we will have the full day to enjoy the mighty city of Cusco, the day is yours. Ask to your guides or transfer about another optional things to do in the ancient capital of the Incas, your hotel will be located in the main area of the city, consequently the attractions will be in a walking distance, also you can ask about the Sacred Valley tour or maybe activities such us rafting, ziplining, rock climbing or rapeling.
Day 8: On the way to Machu Picchu.
We will pick you up during the morning and take you to the train station to take the train to Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu town. As a result of 3:30hr journey of majestic views and the most noteworthy landscapes of the sacred valley, you will arrive to Aguas Calientes (Hot Springs Town) where you will spend the night. There will be plenty of time to relax if you want to have a hot bath in the natural springs, also you will have free time in order to do some other activities such as shopping in the market, or hiking to the gardens of Mandor, everything according to the advices of your tour guide it is because Peru High Andes Tour is not saturated with activities and give you time to do the activities that you want by yourself.
Day 9: Machu Picchu – Big Day!
The most incredible day of Peru High Andes Tour will begin whith your breakfast and when your Tour guide will pick you up from your hotel. the time will be as much early that can be possible in order to catch the first bunch of buses to the majestic wonder Machu Picchu, probably you will catch the sunrise and after that you will begin with your walking tour in Machu Picchu that will be almost 3 hours. also you will have time to explore the citadel by yourself and finally go down to have lunch with your tour guide.
Please leave enough time to catch your train. It is a 25-minute bus ride from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes and buses leave when they are full. It is also necessary to be at the train station in good time (20 minutes before), your tour guide all the time with you, will show you the important places, also you need to know that in Aguas Calientes they don’t have cars, taxis or mototaxis, everything is by walk in this small town. You will spend the night in the same hotel in Cusco city.
Day 10: Bye Cusco – Bye Peru.
After this amazing Peru High Andes trip is time to say bye. We will take you to the airport for your flight from Cusco to Lima and from Lima to your country.
Peru High Andes INCLUDED
- Round Trip international flights to Peru
- 2 intra-flights: Lima-Juliaca & Cuzco-Lima
- 8 nights’ accommodations in a 3 star hotel (Lima, Puno, Cusco, Machu Picchu)
- 1 night in a local house in Amantani island
- All transfers (airport or station to hotels and hotels to airport or station)
- 13 meals: 9 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 1 dinner
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern motor coach
- Services of English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees according to the itinerary
- City tour in Lima
- Boat for the Island tour
- Touristic bus from Puno to Cusco with entrances
- Tickets for Machu Picchu
- Round trip expedition train
- Buses up and down to Machu Picchu
Does not Include
Not included but you can ask and get from us.
- Entrance to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Entrances to climb Machu Picchu Mountain
- Sacred Valley Cusco full day tour
- Maras – Moray half day tour
- City tour in Cusco – Half day
- City Tour and Sacred valley tour in Cusco – Full day
- Travel Insurance, you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- Beverage of any kind.
- Entrances to hot springs in Machu Picchu.
- Meals where not stated.
What to Pack?
WHAT TO PACK?
- Original Passport
- Walking boots or sneakers
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Wind breaker
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Cap or sun cover
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Extra batteries
- 20 to 30 liters backpack, even if you have a bigger ones
- Toilet paper
Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
About our Flexibility:
Kaypi Peru always use all that can be in its hands to resolve a customer’s requirements and we will work our best to accommodate any date-changes for our land-only tours. Please be aware that our All-Inclusive Air Tours are reserved and paid to all third-parties at the time of customer reservation and booking. and we are unlikely to offer date changes, refunds, or credits.
Kaypi Peru Tours offer to our customers multiple option for their payments in order to cover their necessities and to be close to our customers.
Our customers are able to pay their trips with us through:
1) Paypal: you must to add 6% for transaction fees and taxes
2) Wire Transfer to our peruvian account: you must to cover the transaction fees and taxes.
Bank name: Banco Internacional del Peru – INTERBANK
Swift code: BINPPEPL
Account Name: Kaypi Peru
Account Number: 431-300094624-9
Bank address: Jr. Carlos Villaran N°140 – Lima, la Victoria.
3) Western Union: you must to cover the transaction fees and taxes.
1. Receiver’s first name: RUTH EMILY
2. Receiver’s last name: QUISPE MOJONERO
3. Receiver’s city /Town: CUSCO
W. Union Message: (Please write tour and date of the tour)
Adress of western union in Cusco: AG CUZCO Calle Maruri 310 Cuzco.
About Remaining Balance:
If you still have a remaining balance with Kaypi at the time that you are travelling, you either can pay it in cash (without ripped notes) or with your credit card or debit card once arrive to Cusco City where is located Kaypi’s main office.
especially relevant that if you pay with your cards you have to add 5% to cover the transaction fees and taxes, but if you pay in cash you don need to cover anything.
About Travel Insurance:
We must recommend you to use a Travel Insurance, because if something can be happen before your trip with us and you will need to cancel your trip, you will able to get your money refund from the travel insurance companies. we recommend you TRAVELEX or TRAVELGUARD in addition they can cover Trip Cancellation, Interruption, Baggage Loss or Delay, Medical Expenses and more.
About Optional Extra Tours
We are totally able to organize a day tours, one day before the day of the tour or activities, our customers of all inclusive tours don’t need to be worried about book our day tours that are not included on their itinerary in advance because We always have availability and we are ready to make all the arrangements according to the day tour that our customer choose, Kaypi is a 100% peruvian company, that means that all the services that we provide are in our hands.
The payment for our day tours can be in cash or with a debit and credit cards.
About Passport & Visas:
Peru is one of the South American countries that don’t have a lot of regulation to receive visitors, you can visit as a tourist for 183 days, a lot of visitors from Europe and America don’t need Visa to enter to Peru just the passport that need to be valid for the time of the visit (better if it can be valid during the next 6 months after the visit)
Please check if your country needs VISA to enter to Peru:
About Flight cancelations or delays:
If you take one of our land only options tours, and your flight to arrive to Peru is delayed or canceled, no worries, you just need to let us know to reschedule your transportations.
WITH one of our all included tours with flights, and your flight to arrive to Peru is delayed or canceled, no worries because our representatives will wait for you, the landing time does not be a matter.
If you take one of our all included tours with flights, and your flight to leave Peru is delayed or canceled, we will try to assist you all the time, all of our customers in their tickets have the mention that they have a connection flight to USA and the airlines will do all the possible to take you on time to the internatinal flights, if the flights will be canceled, we will try to help you with the airlines in order to reschedule your flights home but it won’t be in our hands.