Salkantay Trek Exclusive 7d/6n
Salkantay Trek Exclusive 7 days 6 nights
OVERVIEW Salkantay Trek Exclusive
- Day 1: Landing in Cusco and a hotel night.
- Day 2: Walking tour in Cusco and hotel night.
- Day 3: Cusco – Soraypampa – Wayraqmachay.
- Day 4: Wayraqmachay – Colpapampa – Playa Sahuayacu.
- Day 5: Playa Sahuayacu – Llaqtapata – Aguas Calientes.
- Day 6: Machu Picchu – Train back to Cusco.
- Day 7: Transfer to the airport.
Day 1: Landing in Cusco and hotel night.
Our reprensentative will wait for you at the airport with your name in a banner or with company’s logo, after pick you up he or she will transfer you until your hotel that usually is located in main area of cusco city or Cusco’s downtown, the transfer will take you just 15 minutes, the rest of this morning is for aclimatizate your body to the high altitude.
Day 2: Walking Tour in the Ancient Capital of the Incas!!
Your Tour guide will pick you up from your hotel later than breakfast time, the time will be confirmed for you during your pick up frm the airport a day ago, you will able to visit the principal attractions of the city such as:
- Cusco Main Square
- Sanit Peter local market
- 12 angle stone
- San Blas neighbornhood
- Nazarenas Square
- Temple of the Sun
Day 3: Cusco – Soraypampa – Wayraqmachay.
The day will begin very early with your hotel pick up, you will be tranfer by our team until Mollepata town where you will have your breakast (not included), after breakfast you will drive more than 1 hour until the starting point of the trail Soraypampa, there you will meet your complete team, chefs and horsemans. Before get the top of the trail you will have your lunch in a beatiful place Soyrococha, after lunch You will get the hights point of the trail The abra or the Pass of Salkantay Mountain “the savage mountain”, our campsite today will be Wayraqmachay.
- Campsite: Wayraqmachay 3800 m / 12467 ft.
- Distance: 13 km / 8.06 miles
- Highest point: Salkantaya pass 4650 m / 15200 ft.
Day 4: Wayraqmachay – Playa Sahuayacu
Your longest day will start very early with your breakfast, after breakfast you will go down until the lunch spot, Colpapampa where you will have the oportunity to talk with local people and learn something about them, after lunch you will continue go down until our campsite Playa Sahuayacu, this day will be full of sorprises becauase you will decend from the Andes until the rain forest or jungle forest, from cold weather to hot weather..
- Campsite: Playa Sahuayacu 2500 m / 8202 ft.
- Distance: 17 km / 10.500 miles
- Highest point: Wayraqmachay 3800 m / 12467 ft.
Day 5: Playa Sahuayacu – Llaqtapata – Aguas Calientes.
This day is very interesting because you will visit your first inca site Llactapata, you will start the climbing up around 8 am, and get the inca site around 11 am, after spend time in this inca site with an spectacular view of Machu Picchu, you will go down until Hidroelectric where you will have your lunch, after lunch you will follow the train rail until Aguas Calientes where you will spend the night in a Hotel.
- Distance: 19 km / 11.78 miles
- Highest point: Llaqtapa 2760 m / 9052 ft.
Day 6: Big Day in Machu Picchu.
You will have breakfast at 5:00 am and then catch a 25 minute bus ride, at approximately 5:30 am to Machu Picchu, in order to appreciate the magnificent city during its sunrises.
A walking tour, approximately 2 hours, is given by your guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourself.
You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes, it can be reached by bus for lunch and to receive your train tickets back to Cusco.
The train usually leaves at 2:55 pm and we will arrive to Ollantaytambo at 4:40 pm and then will take the bus to Cusco and will arrive to Cusco at 7 or 8 pm.
Day 7: Big Day in Machu Picchu.
Our representative will pick you up from you hotel to take you to the airport in order to catch your flight to Lima or to another city.
- Professional, bilingual tour guide.
- Walkin tour in Cusco
- Private transportation for all transfers.
- Assistant guide.
- Pick up from hotel.
- Return transportation (bus to start of trail and tourist train back to Ollanta).
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- 1 Bus ticket up to the Machu Picchu world heritage site.
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- 4 man tents are provided for 2 people only.
- Sleeping mattresses.
- Horseman and mules (they carry cooking and camping equipment)
- 1 night’s accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- Extra oxygen.
- First-Aid kit.
- Spare blanket per tent.
- Toilet tent
- Hot portable shower
Does not Include
NOT INCLUDED BUT YOU CAN GET FROM US
- Entrances to Huayna Picchu Mountain (need to book in advance)
- Entrances to Machu Picchu Mountain (need to book in advance)
- Sleeping Bag
- Walking sticks
- Breakfast on Day 3 and lunch and dinner on Day 6
- Water, (during the first 4 hours, after that, our team will provided you)
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
What to Pack?
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE
- Original passport (and **International Student card (ISIC) if applicable).
- Travel Insurance is essential.
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Comfortable pants.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Sun hat.
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container (Nalgene) or camel bags.
- Sun block (SPF 35 recommended).
- Insect repellent.
- Personal medication.
- Camera with extra batteries.
- Flashlight with extra batteries.