Smiles in the mountains is a Kaypi Peru Tours initiative where our company adopts one Andean community during the Christmas season to give away the best Christmas celebration to the Andean kids.
Our country is full of little villages where our government does not have a presence due to their locations or due to their accessibility, they are the villages where Kaypi Peru Tours work every year. We choose one new village every year because we want to help and create smiles in all the possible kids.
We are so proud that our initiative is working already 5 years, covering in total more than 1500 kids and 500 families in 4 years, this initiative starts with the owners and tour guides of Kaypi Peru Tours but now is involving more and more people such as family of our workers and of course our customers, The communities helped by Smiles in the mountains were:
- 2014 Aacry community in Chinchaypujio, Covering 200 kids and 100 families.
- 2015 Pumachurco in San Salvador, covering 300 kids and 100 families.
- 2016 Pumachurco in San Salvador, covering 300 kids and 100 families.
- 2017 Raqchi community in Huayllabamaba, covering 300 kids and 50 families.
- 2018 Ccachin community in Lares, covering a total of 400 kids and 150 families.
How Kaypi Peru Tours is Creating Smiles in the Mountains?
Traditionally Christmas in Peru is a celebration for our kids and following that tradition our best way to create smiles in the mountains are:
- Games and Competitions: we organize games and competitions between the kids, very old games, that thank you for the new technologies are getting forgotten, we organize the games in order to open the mind of the kids and introduce ourselves to them.
- The traditional Hot chocolate and the fruit cake: for a lot of people prepare hot chocolate is a very simple thing but for our people can be really expensive because it contains ingredients that are not often in their kitchens such as milk, chocolate, sugar, butter or cinnamon. For our kids in the Andes, Hot Chocolate is a drink just for Christmas season and just if they are lucky, our hot chocolate has to be accompanied by a Panettone or a fruit cake that with a lot of love we prepare one day before our activity.
- Christmas presents to the kids: all the presents are toys, different kinds of toys according to the ages and genders. The adolescence arrives very late in the Andes, that is why 15- or 16-years old guys are considered to still kids, so the range of ages to cover with the presents is between 0 to 16.
- Presents for the families: to give them a complete celebration we share some presents with the families as well, presents such as rice, sugar, oil, blankets or clothes, we have to mention as well our help to their school especially with sports items. volleyball balls and soccer balls.
There are still many communities that we want to help and keep creating smiles in the mountains, see people with the purest smile in the world, it does not have a price, making them happy is our labor.
This Year we are going to reach two communities with around 600 kids,