What to bring to hike the Inca Trails?
Topics to bring to hike the Inca Trails
The Inca Trail is one of the most famous hiking routes around the world, the 45 kilometers that can take you directly to Machu Picchu are visited all the time by tourist from all around the world, it is true that the distance is not a big deal, but the difficulty of the Inca Trail is in the altitude where are located big parts of the trail and it is the main reason why our travelers have to be well prepared with all the items needed to make the trail.
We recommend to bring to hike the Inca Trails:
Original Passport (if you renewed your passport bring both passports).
- Walking boots (used before will be better)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves, gets cold during the night, if they are waterproof better.
- T-shirts (2 or 3 will be enough)
- Comfortable hiking pants – Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (SPF 35+)
- Insect repellant (OFF 35+)
- Toiletries and hand sanitizers
- Small personal towel
- A small pack of toilet tissue or wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlight with spare batteries
- Daypack from 30 to 50 litters (for carrying your personal staff if you hire porters)
- Altitude Sickness pills (you need to take them before your flight to Cusco while you are still in Lima, take them every 8 hours)
- Container for water, water will be provided by our team.
Topics to travel to Perugeneral information kaypi-compressed
Download the pdf file